Axon protects life with a network of connected public safety technologies. Founded in 1993, Axon (formerly TASER International) first transformed law enforcement with its TASER electrical weapons. Axon continues to protect life in new ways with a growing suite of connected devices and apps, from TASER smart weapons to body cameras, digital evidence management tools, records management systems, in-car video solutions, artificial intelligence automation, training and mobile apps. These technologies work together to automate outdated processes so officers can get to the truth faster, act with confidence and focus more time on serving their communities.
More than 178,000 lives and countless dollars have been saved with Axon's network of devices, apps and people.
TASER Smart Weapons
TASER Smart Weapons incapacitate dangerous, combative or high-risk subjects who pose a risk to law enforcement officers, innocent citizens or themselves. When deployed, compressed nitrogen projects two small probes up to 25 feet allowing a 5-second electrical signal to transmit through the wires to where the probes make contact with the body or clothing. This results in an immediate loss of the person’s neuromuscular control and the ability to perform coordinated action for the duration of the impulse while allowing an instant recovery once the cycle ceases. This effect is called Neuro Muscular Incapacitation (NMI) that temporarily overrides the nervous system, taking over muscular control and temporarily incapacitates individuals with minimal risk of injury.
Founded in September 1993, Axon began its sales of TASER devices in 1994 with its AIR TASER model 34000 and then in 1999 came out with the ADVANCED TASER M26. These weapons and later generation models (X26) and the newer models (X2 and X26P Smart Weapons) have helped dramatically reduce injuries among officers and their suspects. TASER devices are used by more than 18,000 law enforcement agencies worldwide in 107 countries including major law enforcement agencies in in Australia, Canada, France, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, and the United Kingdom. Local police departments in 31 of the 34 largest cities with populations of more than 500,000 deploy TASER brand weapons.
The TASER Pulse is available for private citizens. The TASER Pulse was launched in January 2016 and is a high-tech, subcompact weapon with an intuitive concealed carry design that packs the same knock-down punch used by law enforcement around the world. With the TASER Pulse you can reach an attacker from up to 15 feet away, immobilize them for 30 seconds giving you time to make a Safe Escape.
Numerous independent studies by universities, hospitals, physicians, law enforcement agencies, and government entities have concluded that TASER weapons are generally safe and effective. Visit www.axon.com for additional product information.
Devices & Services
Axon has always been a technology company. What began with the innovative technologies built into our electrical weapons to enhance transparency and accountability naturally led to the development of our Axon line of body-worn and in-car video cameras. Our Axon Body 2, Flex and Fleet cameras help keep people on both sides of the badge safe by documenting critical events in the field. The Axon platform extends our technological capabilities and allows agencies to better collect, transfer, manage, retrieve, and share digital evidence from any source, including our Axon cameras, through the Evidence.com dashboard.
Thousands of law enforcement agencies to date are now utilizing the Axon platform, allowing them to seamlessly integrate software and hardware to enable powerful capabilities. The Axon platform connects technology and people in order to create safer communities.
- Smart Devices – Body cameras and in-car video that leverage technology such as Bluetooth® wireless technology and WiFi to better track and manage data.
- Connected Mobile App Suite. The Axon suite of mobile applications augments the body camera experience and allows officers to Capture, View, and stream Live video from their smartphone.
- Unified and Integrated Digital Evidence Management System (DEMS) – One platform that removes silo’ed DEMS through cloud computing, integrations across media points, and open file standards that do not require proprietary file formats or media players.
- Connected Ecosystem - From capture to courtroom, securely share and track digital evidence across public safety stakeholders. From body cameras and dash cameras to digital evidence management tools we arm law enforcement with great capabilities to help them focus on policing.
- CAD/RMS Integration - Automates Axon video tagging by pulling in the correct metadata from existing systems.
- Interview room - Axon now supports an enterprise interview room solution, unifying an agency's digital evidence.
- Automated redaction – Smart Tracker is an expanded suite of redaction tools that streamlines the fulfillment of public records requests.
- Prosecutor Solution - Secure digital collaboration with the prosecutor saves time and money.
Co-founders Rick Smith and Tom Smith formed AIR TASER, Inc. in 1993 with initial TASER inventor Jack Cover and four startup employees. In 1998, AIR TASER, Inc. became TASER International, Inc. in response to the company's international expansion and increased market share. TASER International, Inc. became a public company in May 2001, and began public trading on the NASDAQ stock exchange under the symbol TASR. In April 2017, TASER International was renamed Axon Enterprise, Inc. and began trading under the symbol AAXN.
Axon's worldwide headquarters and manufacturing facility are in Scottsdale, AZ. Axon also has offices in Seattle, WA, Amsterdam, NL, London, UK Daventry, UK, and Sydney, AU.
TASER's worldwide headquarters and manufacturing facility are in Scottsdale, AZ and its international headquarters are in Amsterdam, NL. TASER also has offices in London, UK and Seattle, WA.
For further corporate and investor information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.