Axon Announces Next Generation Axon Fleet 2 In-Car Video System
The Axon Fleet 2 system includes redesigned front and back cameras and retains its predecessor's breakthrough cloud-connected architecture that allows for an easy to use and intuitive in-car system. Axon Fleet 2 features include:
- High-definition video system with wide field of view, zoom, infrared for the back seat and wireless microphone integration
- Intuitive mobile data terminal app, Axon View XL, for quick tagging, uploads and more on the fly
- Ability to efficiently categorize, play back and share all video alongside other digital files on Evidence.com
- Multi-cam playback, for reviewing up to four videos, including body-worn and in-car footage, at the same time
- Best-in-class install times and quick remote troubleshooting
"A major benefit to rolling out Axon Fleet 2 is that the upgrades from Axon Fleet 1 were almost entirely based on feedback from law enforcement," says
Axon developed its in-car video system as a streamlined, connected approach for law enforcement to securely share critical video evidence. The cloud-based product allows users to capture and upload video footage directly to Evidence.com, which is hosted on the Microsoft Azure secure cloud platform. The integration of Axon Fleet 2 with Evidence.com eliminates the need for DVRs and other outdated, bulky hardware found in standard in-car video systems.
"Axon Fleet 2 builds on our promise of a connected network of devices and apps designed with considerable customer feedback," says Axon CEO and founder
Axon has shipped more than 5,000 of its first generation Axon Fleet systems. Customers include major city agencies
The Axon Fleet 2 solution is
Axon is a network of devices, apps, and people that helps law enforcement become smarter and safer. Our mission is to protect life. Our technologies give law enforcement the confidence, focus, and time they need to keep their communities safe. Our products impact every aspect of an officer's day-to-day experience:
- In the field - Our Smart Weapons offer a less-lethal intermediate use of force response and our body-worn and in-car cameras collect video evidence to capture the truth of an incident; and our mobile applications enable simple evidence collection.
- At the station - Our secure, cloud-based digital evidence management solution allows officers and command staff to manage, review, share, and process digital evidence using forensic, redaction, transcription, and other tools.
- In the courtroom - Our solutions for prosecutors make collaborating across jurisdictions and agencies easy so that cases can be resolved quickly.
We work hard for those who put themselves in harm's way for all of us. To date, there are more than 226,900 software seats booked on the Axon Network around the world and more than 200,000 lives and countless dollars have been saved with the Axon Network of devices, apps, and people. Learn more at www.axon.com or by calling (800) 978-2737.
Axon, Axon Fleet, Axon Fleet 2, Axon Network, Axon View XL, the "Delta Logo," Evidence.com, "Protect Life," and Smart Weapons are trademarks of
Follow Axon here:
- Axon on Twitter: https://twitter.com/axon_us
- Axon on
Note to Investors
Please visit http://investor.axon.com, https://www.axon.com/press, www.twitter.com/axon_us and https://www.facebook.com/Axon.ProtectLife/ where Axon discloses information about the company, its financial information and its business.
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at: http://investor.axon.com/safeHarbor.cfm
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/axon-announces-next-generation-axon-fleet-2-in-car-video-system-300659549.html
Media ONLY Hotline: (480) 444-4000