First Two Major City Police Departments and One State and Provincial Police Agency to Deploy Axon Fleet In-Car Video System
Axon has received more than 200 orders for Axon Fleet since its launch in Q2, 2017.
Other significant orders include:
Baton Rouge Police Department(LA): 425 Axon Fleet in-car video systems Forsyth County Sheriff's Office(NC): 150 Axon Fleet in-car video systems Richland County Sheriff's Office(SC): 300 Axon Fleet in-car video systems Grand Prairie Police Department(TX): 185 Axon Fleet in-car video systems Glendale Police Department(AZ): 150 Axon Fleet in-car video systems San Marcos Police Department(TX): 115 Axon Fleet in-car video systems
"Connecting mobile devices and wearables to the cloud is comparatively simple, but connecting entire patrol cars to the entire Axon network is a huge step forward for our technology," says Axon CEO and founder,
Axon Fleet lets users capture and upload video footage to Evidence.com. It is cloud-based, which eliminates the need for DVRs and other outdated, bulky hardware by offering a streamlined, connected approach to sharing critical video evidence.
Other features and benefits of Axon Fleet include:
- During critical situations, officers in the field or at the station can gain immediate access to evidence after uploading video via LTE from anywhere. They can also upload video via Wi-Fi or the Axon dock.
- Axon Fleet allows officers to always have the latest technology by swapping clunky hardware for the MDT application Axon View XL, which receives over-the-air software upgrades.
- Whether it's body-worn or in-car footage, officers are able to play back up to four videos simultaneously on one screen on Evidence.com to see the event from multiple angles before sharing evidence.
- Axon Fleet includes Axon Signal technology, which reports events, like when you open the car door or activate the light bar, so your camera can detect them and start recording.
Axon Fleet is available to ship now for all customers. Learn more by visiting: www.axon.com/fleet.
The Axon network is a network of devices, apps and people that helps law enforcement become smarter and safer. Our mission is to protect life. Our technologies give law enforcement the confidence, focus and time they need to keep their communities safe. Our products impact every aspect of an officer's day-to-day experience:
- In the field - Our Smart Weapons offer a less-lethal intermediate use of force response and our body-worn and in-car cameras collect video evidence to capture the truth of an incident; and our mobile applications enable simple evidence collection.
- At the station - Our secure, cloud-based digital evidence management solution allows officers and command staff to manage, review, share and process digital evidence using forensic, redaction, transcription, and other tools.
- In the courtroom - Our solutions for prosecutors make collaborating across jurisdictions and agencies easy so that cases can be resolved quickly.
We work hard for those who put themselves in harm's way for all of us. To date, there are more than 187,400 licensed users from around the world and more than 191,000 lives and countless dollars have been saved with the Axon network of devices, apps and people. Learn more at www.axon.com or by calling (800) 978-2737.
Axon, the "
Follow Axon here:
- Axon on Twitter: https://twitter.com/axon_us
- Axon on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/Axon.ProtectLife/
Note to Investors
Please visit http://investor.axon.com, https://www.axon.com/press, www.twitter.com/axon_us, and https://www.facebook.com/Axon.ProtectLife/ where Axon discloses information about the company, its financial information, and its business.
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at: http://investor.axon.com/safeHarbor.cfm
For investor relations information please contact
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/first-two-major-city-police-departments-and-one-state-and-provincial-police-agency-to-deploy-axon-fleet-in-car-video-system-300552616.html
News Provided by Acquire Media