Gun Drawn, Camera On: New Axon Signal Sidearm Alerts Body Cams From Holster
"When law enforcement officers must draw a weapon, the last thing they should worry about is their technology," said TASER CEO and Co-Founder,
Customers can receive early access to Signal Sidearm by visiting our website: https://www.axon.io/products/signal
- The Signal Sidearm attaches to an officer's existing firearm holster without interfering with normal operation.
- The device is wireless and does not risk cables and wires getting in the way of officers when on duty.
- Once a firearm is drawn, the sensor is triggered and alerts all Axon cameras within a 30-foot range to begin recording. The signal communicates with the full line of Axon cameras including Axon Body 2, Axon Flex 2, and Axon Fleet in-car cameras.
- The Signal Sidearm is compatible with most existing firearm holsters.
- The coin cell battery that operates the device lasts approximately 1.5 years and automatically alerts the user via the Axon network if the battery is low.
To date, more than 100,000 licenses have been contracted on the Axon network worldwide. It seamlessly integrates devices and apps to enable powerful capabilities for building safer communities. The Axon network includes:
- Smart Devices - Body cameras and in-car video that leverage technology such as Bluetooth® wireless technology and Wi-Fi® to better track and manage data
- Mobile Apps - Evidence management for iOS and Android devices with Axon View and Axon Capture
- Unified and Integrated Digital Evidence Management System (DEMS) - One platform that removes siloed
DEMSthrough cloud computing, integrations across media points, and open file standards that do not require proprietary file formats or media players
- Forensic Suite Tools - Forensic analysis via Axon Five and Axon Detect, and proprietary video format conversion via Axon Convert
- Connected Ecosystem - From capture to courtroom, securely share and track digital evidence across public safety stakeholders
- Digital Verification and Audit Logs - Record every interaction with any piece of digital evidence including capture, ingest, retrieve, manage, and share
- Advanced Security - Industry-leading people, practices, and products that comply with CJIS at both the infrastructure and application layers and ISO/IEC 27001
Follow the TASER and Axon brand here:
- Axon on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AxonTechnology
- Axon on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Axon/117780381886687
- TASER on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International
TASER® is a registered trademark of
Note to Investors
Please visit http://investor.taser.com, http://blog.taser.com, www.twitter.com/officialtaser and https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International where TASER discloses information from time to time about the company, its financial information, and its business.
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at: http://investor.taser.com/safeHarbor.cfm
For investor relations information please contact
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/gun-drawn-camera-on-new-axon-signal-sidearm-alerts-body-cams-from-holster-300413641.html
News Provided by Acquire Media