Medicine Hat Police Service to Pilot Axon Body-Worn and In-Car Cameras
The six-month long pilot begins this month and allows MHPS to utilize a wide range of Axon's cloud-connected devices. Goals of the pilot program include:
- Enhancing the collection of evidence;
- Enhancing transparency, public trust and confidence;
- Enhancing officer accountability and professionalism;
- Protecting officers from unfounded allegations of misconduct; and
- De-escalating volatile situations.
"The ability for us to work with a police service as open to innovation and partnerships as the
The Axon network is a network of devices, apps, and people that helps law enforcement become smarter and safer. Our mission is to protect life. Our technologies give law enforcement the confidence, focus, and time they need to keep their communities safe. Our products impact every aspect of an officer's day-to-day experience:
- In the field - Our Conducted Electrical Weapons offer a less-lethal intermediate use of force response and our body-worn and in-car cameras collect video evidence to capture the truth of an incident; and our mobile applications enable simple evidence collection.
- At the station - Our secure, cloud-based digital evidence management solution allows officers and command staff to manage, review, share and process digital evidence using forensic, redaction, transcription, and other tools.
- In the courtroom - Our solutions for prosecutors make collaborating across jurisdictions and agencies easy so that cases can be resolved quickly.
We work hard for those who put themselves in harm's way for all of us. To date, there are more than 169,000 licensed users from around the world and more than 188,000 lives and countless dollars have been saved with the Axon network of devices, apps and people. Learn more at https://ca.axon.com or by calling (800) 978-2737.
Axon, the "
Follow the Axon brand here:
- Axon on Twitter: https://twitter.com/axon_canada
- Axon on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Axon.ProtectLife/
Note to Investors
Please visit http://investor.axon.com, http://axon.com/news, www.twitter.com/axon_us and https://www.facebook.com/Axon.ProtectLife/ where Axon shares about the company, its financial information, and its business.
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at: http://investor.axon.com/safeHarbor.cfm
For investor relations information please contact
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medicine-hat-police-service-to-pilot-axon-body-worn-and-in-car-cameras-300517735.html
News Provided by Acquire Media