Queensland First Australian Police Service to Deploy 2700 Axon Body Cameras on Evidence.com Cloud Solution
"We are incredibly excited to be the first police service in
"By fully equipping their officers with our Axon cameras and Evidence.com solution, the
Axon's Evidence.com platform helps police capture, manage, and share their digital evidence without the complexity or cost of installing in-house servers. It enables greater transparency through seamless integration with the industry-leading Axon body-worn video cameras. Evidence.com is the most secure, scalable, and cost-effective solution for managing all types of digital evidence. From capture to courtroom, this solution automates the upload process to ensure security and integrity while keeping officers in the field rather than sitting at computers.
TASER's Axon cameras are small, yet highly visible, and can be attached securely to uniforms/shirts, sunglasses, a cap, a shirt collar, or a head mount. They are powered by a pocket size battery pack, which ensures recording capability during an entire shift. When recording, the cameras capture a wide-angle, full-color view of what an officer is facing. The video automatically uploads via a docking station to Evidence.com, a cloud-based storage and management system, where it can be easily accessed for review. The video files stored online or on the Axon video camera are secure and include a chain of custody with audit trails.
About Axon & Evidence.com Platform:
Thousands of law enforcement agencies to date are now utilizing the Axon platform, allowing them to seamlessly integrate software and hardware to enable powerful capabilities. The Axon platform connects technology and people in order to protect our police officers and the communities they serve:
- Smart Devices - Body cameras and in-car video that leverage technology such as Bluetooth® wireless technology and Wi-Fi to better track and manage data
- Unified and Integrated Digital Evidence Management System (DEMS) - One platform that removes siloed
DEMSthrough cloud computing, integrations across media points, and open file standards that do not require proprietary file formats or media players
- Connected Ecosystem - From capture to courtroom, securely share and track digital evidence across public safety stakeholders
- Digital Verification and Audit Logs - Record every interaction with any piece of digital evidence including capture, ingest, retrieve, manage, and share
- Advanced Security - Industry-leading people, practices, and products that comply with CJIS at both the infrastructure and application layers and ISO/IEC 27001
Follow the TASER and Axon brand here:
- Axon on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AxonTechnology
- Axon on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Axon/117780381886687
- TASER on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International
TASER, Axon, and Evidence.com are trademarks of
Note to Investors
Please visit http://investor.taser.com, www.twitter.com/taser_ir, www.twitter.com/officialtaser and https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International where TASER discloses information from time to time about the company, its financial information, and its business.
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at: http://investor.taser.com/safeHarbor.cfm
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/queensland-first-australian-police-service-to-deploy-2700-axon-body-cameras-on-evidencecom-cloud-solution-300301787.html
News Provided by Acquire Media