MEDICINE HAT, Alberta, and SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Sept. 12, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Axon Public Safety Canada Inc., a subsidiary of Axon Enterprise Inc. (NASDAQ: AAXN), today announced that the Medicine Hat Police Service (MHPS) will pilot Axon Body 2 body cameras, Axon Fleet in-car cameras and the Canadian cloud-based digital evidence management solution Evidence.com. MHPS is the first police force in Canada to use Axon Fleet in the field.
The six-month long pilot begins this month and allows MHPS to utilize a wide range of Axon's cloud-connected devices. Goals of the pilot program include:
- Enhancing the collection of evidence;
- Enhancing transparency, public trust and confidence;
- Enhancing officer accountability and professionalism;
- Protecting officers from unfounded allegations of misconduct; and
- De-escalating volatile situations.
"The Medicine Hat Police Service has been researching how we capture, manage and share all forms of digital evidence for some time," says MHPS Chief Andy McGrogan. "Based on our extensive research, we are excited to have the opportunity to leverage state-of-the-art technology from Axon Public Safety Canada, at no cost. I truly believe that we need to continue to be innovative in the use of technology best practices. By undertaking this exciting project we will learn a great deal and help shape the future of our information management strategy," concluded McGrogan.
"The ability for us to work with a police service as open to innovation and partnerships as the Medicine Hat Police Service is extremely exciting," said Axon's Managing Director for Canada & Latin America, Vishal Dhir. "This pilot is a great opportunity for the Medicine Hat Police Service to explore leading edge technology and to evaluate their policies and procedures in real-world situations without any financial risk."
The Axon network is a network of devices, apps, and people that helps law enforcement become smarter and safer. Our mission is to protect life. Our technologies give law enforcement the confidence, focus, and time they need to keep their communities safe. Our products impact every aspect of an officer's day-to-day experience:
- In the field - Our Conducted Electrical Weapons offer a less-lethal intermediate use of force response and our body-worn and in-car cameras collect video evidence to capture the truth of an incident; and our mobile applications enable simple evidence collection.
- At the station - Our secure, cloud-based digital evidence management solution allows officers and command staff to manage, review, share and process digital evidence using forensic, redaction, transcription, and other tools.
- In the courtroom - Our solutions for prosecutors make collaborating across jurisdictions and agencies easy so that cases can be resolved quickly.
We work hard for those who put themselves in harm's way for all of us. To date, there are more than 169,000 licensed users from around the world and more than 188,000 lives and countless dollars have been saved with the Axon network of devices, apps and people. Learn more at https://ca.axon.com or by calling (800) 978-2737.
Axon, the "Axon Delta" logo, Axon Network, Smart Weapons, and Evidence.com are trademarks of Axon Enterprise, Inc., some of which are registered in the U.S. and other countries. For more information, visit https://ca.axon.com/legal. All rights reserved.
Follow the Axon brand here:
- Axon on Twitter: https://twitter.com/axon_canada
- Axon on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Axon.ProtectLife/
Note to Investors
Please visit http://investor.axon.com, http://axon.com/news, www.twitter.com/axon_us and https://www.facebook.com/Axon.ProtectLife/ where Axon shares about the company, its financial information, and its business.
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at: http://investor.axon.com/safeHarbor.cfm
For investor relations information please contact Arvind Bobra via email at IR@axon.com.
VP Global Communications
Managing Director, Canada & Latin America
Axon Public Safety Canada Inc.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medicine-hat-police-service-to-pilot-axon-body-worn-and-in-car-cameras-300517735.html