SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., April 10, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Axon (Nasdaq: AAXN), the global leader in connected law enforcement technologies, today announced that the Chicago Police Department (CPD), a Major Cities Chiefs Association member, is now fully deployed with TASER Smart Weapons. Following CPD's recent purchase of 3,491 smart weapons, the agency is now fully deployed with nearly 7,000 TASER X2s.
Significant orders were received from the following domestic agencies and will ship in multiple phases through 2018:
- Chicago Police Department (IL): 3,491 X2s Officer Safety Program (OSP)
- St. Louis County Police Department (MO): 400 X2s
- New Mexico Corrections Department (NM): 284 X2s
- Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TN): 212 X2s
- Vermont State Police (VT): 200 X2s, TASER 60
- Rutgers University Police Department (NJ): 180 X2s, TASER 60
- Hillsboro Police Department (OR): 115 TASER X26Ps (OSP)
- Bethlehem City Police Department (PA): 100 X2s, TASER 60
- Pittsburgh Bureau of Police (PA): 100 X26Ps
- Michigan City Police Department (IN): 61 X2s, TASER 60 (add-on order)
Axon is a network of devices, apps, and people that helps law enforcement become smarter and safer. Our mission is to protect life. Our technologies give law enforcement the confidence, focus and time they need to keep their communities safe. Our products impact every aspect of an officer's day-to-day experience:
- In the field - Our Smart Weapons offer a less-lethal intermediate use of force response and our body-worn and in-car cameras collect video evidence to capture the truth of an incident; and our mobile applications enable simple evidence collection.
- At the station - Our secure, cloud-based digital evidence management solution allows officers and command staff to manage, review, share, and process digital evidence using forensic, redaction, transcription, and other tools.
- In the courtroom - Our solutions for prosecutors make collaborating across jurisdictions and agencies easy so that cases can be resolved quickly.
We work hard for those who put themselves in harm's way for all of us. To date, there are more than 201,500 software seats booked on the Axon Network around the world and more than 198,000 lives and countless dollars have been saved with the Axon Network of devices, apps, and people. Learn more at www.axon.com or by calling (800) 978-2737.
Facebook is a trademark of Facebook, Inc., and Twitter is a trademark of Twitter, Inc.
Axon, Axon Network, Smart Weapons, TASER, X2, X26P, the "Delta Logo," and "Protect Life," are trademarks of Axon Enterprise, Inc., some of which are registered in the US and other countries. For more information, visit www.axon.com/legal. All rights reserved.
Follow Axon here:
- Axon on Twitter: https://twitter.com/axon_us
- Axon on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/Axon.ProtectLife/
Note to Investors
Please visit http://investor.axon.com, https://www.axon.com/press, www.twitter.com/axon_us and https://www.facebook.com/Axon.ProtectLife/ where Axon discloses information about the company, its financial information, and its business.
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at: http://investor.axon.com/safeHarbor.cfm
For investor relations information please contact Andrea James via email at IR@axon.com.
Vice President of Strategic Communications
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/chicago-police-department-now-fully-deployed-with-axons-taser-smart-weapons-300626751.html