SEATTLE, June 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- TASER International (NASDAQ: TASR) today announced large orders of its Axon body-worn video cameras and Evidence.com solution, a back-end digital evidence management system. The Dallas Police Department deployment will include shipment of 400 Axon Flex and Body cameras in Q2 of 2015 and an additional 600 Axon cameras will ship over the next three years.
"We see several benefits to using body-worn cameras, including transparency and increased police-community trust, officer protection from false allegations and invaluable evidence for an investigation and prosecution," says Assistant Chief Thomas Lawrence from the Dallas Police Department. "In selecting a vendor, the Dallas Police Department wanted a hosted system that provided ease-of-use and a practical workflow model to manage the video data from the field to the courthouse. TASER was our vendor of choice meeting all sought requirements, but more importantly TASER understood the business model of policing and created a system that meets those needs."
The following large orders from domestic agencies were received in the second quarter of 2015 and are expected to ship in the second quarter of 2015:
- Dallas Police Department (TX): 400 Axon Flex and Body cameras with five years of EVIDENCE.com
- City of Portsmouth Police Department (VA): 220 Axon Flex cameras with five years of EVIDENCE.com
- Clark County School Police Department (NV): 175 Axon Flex cameras
- Hammond Police Department (IN): 155 Axon Body cameras with five years of EVIDENCE.com and TASER Assurance Plan (TAP)
- University Of Virginia Police Department (VA): 150 Axon Body cameras with five years of EVIDENCE.com and TAP
- Vallejo Police Department (CA): 110 Axon Body cameras with five years of EVIDENCE.com and TAP
- Salt Lake City Police Department (UT): 101 Axon Flex cameras with five years of EVIDENCE.com, add-on order
- New Orleans Police Department (LA): 100 Axon Body cameras with five years of EVIDENCE.com and TAP, add-on order
- City of Hoover Police Patrol Center (AL): 90 Axon Body cameras with three years of EVIDENCE.com
- Appleton Police Department (WI): 88 Axon Body cameras with five years of EVIDENCE.com on the Officer Safety Plan
- Alameda Police Department (CA): 83 Axon Flex cameras with five years of EVIDENCE.com
- Riley County Police Department (KS): 73 Axon Flex cameras with five years of EVIDENCE.com and TAP
- City of Salinas Police Department (CA): 70 Axon Body cameras with five years of EVIDENCE.com and TAP
- Buckeye Police Department (AZ): 69 Axon Body cameras with five years of EVIDENCE.com and TAP
- Yavapai County Sheriff's Office (AZ): 65 Axon Body cameras with five years of EVIDENCE.com and TAP
- Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office (LA): 50 Axon Body cameras with five years of EVIDENCE.com and TAP
- Calexico Police Department (CA): 42 Axon Flex cameras with five years of EVIDENCE.com on the Officer Safety Plan
- Pasco County Sheriff's Office (FL): 35 Axon Flex and Body cameras with five years of EVIDENCE.com and TAP
- California State University Police - Fullerton (CA): 28 Axon Body cameras with five years of EVIDENCE.com and TAP
- Lancaster County Prison (PA): 23 Axon Flex cameras with five years of EVIDENCE.com on the Officer Safety Plan
- Virginia Commonwealth University Police (VA): 23 Axon Flex cameras with five years of EVIDENCE.com and TAP
- Richland Parish Sheriff's Department (LA): 20 Axon Body cameras with five years of EVIDENCE.com on the Officer Safety Plan
To date, 25 members of the Major City Chief's Association have deployed TASER's Axon cameras and digital evidence management solutions including; Albuquerque, Charlotte-Mecklenburg, Chicago, Cleveland, Dallas, Fort Worth, Fresno, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Long Beach (CA), Los Angeles, Louisville Metro, Mesa, Miami, Milwaukee, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, Tampa, Toronto, Tucson, and Washington, DC Metro.
TASER's Axon cameras are small, yet highly visible, and can be attached securely to sunglasses, a cap, a shirt collar, or a head mount. They are powered by a pocket-sized battery pack, which ensures recording capability during an entire shift. When recording, the cameras capture a wide-angle, full-color view of what an officer is facing. The video automatically uploads via a docking station to Evidence.com, a cloud-based storage and management system, where it can be easily accessed for review. The video files stored online or on the Axon video camera are secure and cannot be tampered with.
Evidence.com helps law enforcement capture, manage, and share their digital evidence without the complexity or cost of installing in-house servers. It enables greater transparency through seamless integration with the industry-leading Axon body-worn video cameras. Evidence.com is the most secure, scalable, and cost-effective solution for managing all types of digital evidence. Evidence.com automates the upload process to ensure security and integrity while keeping officers in the field rather than sitting at computers.
There have been several studies conducted recently on the positive effects body-worn cameras can have on a police force and community. These studies include a year-long Cambridge University study conducted at the Rialto, CA Police Department that showed an 88% reduction in citizen complaints and a 60% reduction in uses of force after implementation of TASER's Axon flex cameras. The San Diego Police Department also released a report showing the use of Axon body-worn cameras resulted in a 41% drop in complaints, 60% drop in total allegations and a 47% decline in "personal body" force by officers. The use of pepper spray was also reduced by 31%. In a study by Arizona State University, the Mesa Police Department's use of Axon cameras revealed a 48% reduction in citizen complaints against camera officers for misconduct during the study period, and a 75% decline in use of force complaints.
Follow the TASER and Axon brand here:
- Axon on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Axon/117780381886687
- TASER on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International
- Axon on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AxonTechnology
- TASER on Twitter: https://twitter.com/OfficialTASER
About TASER International, Inc.
TASER International makes communities safer with innovative public safety technologies. Founded in 1993, TASER first transformed law enforcement with its electrical weapons. TASER continues to define smarter policing with its growing suite of technology solutions, including AXON body-worn video cameras and EVIDENCE.com, a secure digital evidence management platform. More than 150,000 lives and countless dollars have been saved with TASER's products and services. Learn more at www.TASER.com and www.EVIDENCE.com or by calling (800) 978-2737.
TASER® is a registered trademark of TASER International, Inc., registered in the U.S. All rights reserved. TASER logo and AXON are trademarks of TASER International, Inc.
Note to Investors
Please visit http://investor.taser.com, http://blog.taser.com, www.twitter.com/taser_ir, www.twitter.com/officialtaser and https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International where TASER discloses information from time to time about the company, its financial information, and its business.
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at: http://investor.taser.com/safeHarbor.cfm
For investor relations information please contact Erin Curtis by phone at 480-515-6330 or via email at IR@TASER.com.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20150618/224021
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20150106/167195LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dallas-to-deploy-1000-axon-body-cameras-on-evidencecom-ultimate-plan-300101199.html
SOURCE TASER International, Inc.