SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., July 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Axon, a business unit of TASER International (NASDAQ: TASR) and the global leader in digital evidence management solutions with the leading body-worn camera, announced today the purchase of 628 Axon Body 2 cameras and 300 TASER® X2™ Smart Weapons by the Minneapolis Police Department (MPD). MPD secured a five-year subscription to Evidence.com on the Axon Officer Safety Plan (OSP) and other premium license tiers. This order was received in the first quarter and shipped in the second quarter of 2016.
The Axon OSP provides both unlimited storage of the digital evidence and a robust platform for managing the digital evidence collected from the cameras and TASER devices. The OSP includes camera upgrades every 2.5 years, TASER upgrades every 5 years and full hardware warranties. MPD secured 300 licenses on the OSP plan, 200 Unlimited licenses and the remaining devices on the Ultimate Plan.
"The Minneapolis Police Department looked at a number of cameras, and tested two in a variety of officer experiences and weather conditions, which is a big factor here in Minnesota," said Chief Janeé Harteau. "We have selected TASER and look forward to outfitting our officers with another tool that will help us increase public trust and transparency."
"Minneapolis is making a full commitment to smarter policing, and we are absolutely thrilled to be able to help them to achieve their goals," said TASER founder and CEO Rick Smith. "With the Officer Safety Plan, Minneapolis will be able to get the most out of their body cameras, Smart Weapons, and digital evidence management alike, ensuring that the systems they're putting in place now will remain relevant for many years to come."
About Axon & Evidence.com Platform:
Thousands of law enforcement agencies to date are now utilizing the Axon platform, allowing them to seamlessly integrate software and hardware to enable powerful capabilities. The Axon platform connects technology and people in order to protect our police officers and the communities they serve:
- Smart Devices – Body cameras and in-car video that leverage technology such as Bluetooth® wireless technology and Wi-Fi to better track and manage data
- Unified and Integrated Digital Evidence Management System (DEMS) – One platform that removes siloed DEMS through cloud computing, integrations across media points, and open file standards that do not require proprietary file formats or media players
- Connected Ecosystem - From capture to courtroom, securely share and track digital evidence across public safety stakeholders
- Digital Verification and Audit Logs – Record every interaction with any piece of digital evidence including capture, ingest, retrieve, manage, and share
- Advanced Security – Industry–leading people, practices, and products that comply with CJIS at both the infrastructure and application layers and ISO/IEC 27001
Follow the TASER and Axon brand here:
- Axon on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AxonTechnology
- Axon on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Axon/117780381886687
- TASER on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International
About TASER International, Inc.
TASER International makes communities safer with innovative public safety technologies. Founded in 1993, TASER first transformed law enforcement with its electrical weapons. TASER continues to define smarter policing with its Axon brand which includes a growing suite of connected products and services from body cameras and digital evidence management tools to mobile apps. More than 168,000 lives have been saved from death or serious injury with TASER's products and services. Learn more at www.taser.com and www.axon.io or by calling (800) 978-2737.
TASER, Axon, and Evidence.com are trademarks of TASER International, Inc., some of which are registered in the US and in other countries. Bluetooth is a registered trademark of of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. Wi-Fi is registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance.
Note to Investors
Please visit http://investor.taser.com, www.twitter.com/taser_ir, www.twitter.com/officialtaser and https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International where TASER discloses information from time to time about the company, its financial information, and its business.
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at: http://investor.taser.com/safeHarbor.cfm
For investor relations information please contact Arvind Bobra by phone at 480-515-6312 or via email at IR@TASER.com.
CONTACT: Steve Tuttle
Vice President of Communications
TASER International, Inc.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160712/389034
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160712/389033
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160610/378189LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/minneapolis-police-department-deploys-628-axon-body-2-cameras-and-taser-x2-smart-weapons-standard-to-all-patrol-officers-300297845.html
SOURCE TASER International, Inc.