SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., July 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Axon, a business unit of TASER International (NASDAQ: TASR) and the global leader in digital evidence management solutions with the leading body-worn camera, today announced the purchase of 963 Axon Body 2 cameras by California's San Jose Police Department. San Jose PD secured a five-year subscription to Evidence.com on the Unlimited license tier. This order was received in the second quarter and will be shipped in phases through the end of 2016.
"This is such an exciting moment for us, and we're really looking forward to working with these devices," said San Jose Chief of Police Edgardo Garcia. "We've seen the results that body cameras have yielded in other cities and we can't wait to see how this next generation of cameras builds upon those results."
"We are thrilled and humbled to have been selected by the San Jose Police Department after an extensive field test of eight body worn camera brands," said TASER CEO and co-founder Rick Smith. "The Axon Body 2 improves upon its predecessor in a host of ways and we are thrilled to see it make its way into the hands of San Jose's officers, where we have no doubt that they will pave the way for more efficient police work. Our team has worked really hard to develop this technology for the heroic men and women of law enforcement, so it's exciting to know we will be supporting them in the heart of Silicon Valley."
About Axon & Evidence.com Platform:
Thousands of law enforcement agencies to date are now utilizing the Axon platform, allowing them to seamlessly integrate software and hardware to enable powerful capabilities. The Axon platform connects technology and people in order to protect our police officers and the communities they serve:
- Smart Devices – Body cameras and in-car video that leverage technology such as Bluetooth® wireless technology and Wi-Fi to better track and manage data
- Unified and Integrated Digital Evidence Management System (DEMS) – One platform that removes siloed DEMS through cloud computing, integrations across media points, and open file standards that do not require proprietary file formats or media players
- Connected Ecosystem – From capture to courtroom, securely share and track digital evidence across public safety stakeholders
- Digital Verification and Audit Logs – Record every interaction with any piece of digital evidence including capture, ingest, retrieve, manage, and share
- Advanced Security – Industry–leading people, practices, and products that comply with CJIS at both the infrastructure and application layers and ISO/IEC 27001
Follow the TASER and Axon brand here:
- Axon on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AxonTechnology
- Axon on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Axon/117780381886687
- TASER on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International
About TASER International, Inc.
TASER International makes communities safer with innovative public safety technologies. Founded in 1993, TASER first transformed law enforcement with its electrical weapons. TASER continues to define smarter policing with its Axon brand which includes a growing suite of connected products and services from body cameras and digital evidence management tools to mobile apps. More than 168,000 lives have been saved from death or serious injury with TASER's products and services. Learn more at www.taser.com and www.axon.io or by calling (800) 978-2737.
TASER, Axon, and Evidence.com are trademarks of TASER International, Inc., some of which are registered in the US and in other countries. Bluetooth is a registered trademark of of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. Wi-Fi is registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance.
Note to Investors
Please visit http://investor.taser.com, www.twitter.com/taser_ir, www.twitter.com/officialtaser and https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International where TASER discloses information from time to time about the company, its financial information, and its business.
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at: http://investor.taser.com/safeHarbor.cfm
For investor relations information please contact Arvind Bobra by phone at 480-515-6312 or via email at IR@TASER.com.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160713/389167
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160610/378189LOGO
Vice President, Strategic Communications
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/san-jose-police-department-to-deploy-963-axon-body-2-cameras-on-evidencecom-300298085.html
SOURCE TASER International, Inc.