SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Sept. 21, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Axon, a business unit of TASER International (NASDAQ: TASR) and the global leader in digital evidence management solutions with the leading body-worn camera, today announced the purchase of 1,015 Axon Flex and Body 2 cameras by the Atlanta Police Department (APD). APD secured a five-year unlimited subscription to the Axon cloud solution, Evidence.com, to help store, manage and share data from the body cameras and other digital evidence sources. The order was received in the third quarter of 2016 and the agency has requested an eight-month staged deployment starting in 2017.
"With Atlanta on board, our Axon solution has now been selected by more than fifty percent of major cities in the U.S. That means that more than thirty of the country's largest agencies have seen the potential in our solution for making police work smarter and communities safer," said TASER CEO and Co-Founder Rick Smith. "We're deeply excited to be working alongside Atlanta PD to ensure a successful body camera rollout and provide them with an innovative solution for evidence management."
To date, more than 100,000 licenses have been booked on the Axon network worldwide. The Axon network seamlessly integrates devices and apps to enable powerful capabilities for building safer communities. The Axon network includes:
- Smart Devices – Body cameras and in-car video that leverage technology such as Bluetooth® wireless technology and Wi-Fi® to better track and manage data
- Mobile Apps - Evidence management for iOS and Android devices with Axon View and Axon Capture
- Unified and Integrated Digital Evidence Management System (DEMS) – One platform that removes siloed DEMS through cloud computing, integrations across media points, and open file standards that do not require proprietary file formats or media players
- Connected Ecosystem – From capture to courtroom, securely share and track digital evidence across public safety stakeholders
- Digital Verification and Audit Logs – Record every interaction with any piece of digital evidence including capture, ingest, retrieve, manage, and share
- Advanced Security – Industry–leading people, practices, and products that comply with CJIS at both the infrastructure and application layers and ISO/IEC 27001
Follow the TASER and Axon brand here:
- Axon on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AxonTechnology
- Axon on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Axon/117780381886687
- TASER on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International
About TASER International, Inc.
TASER International makes communities safer with innovative public safety technologies. Founded in 1993, TASER first transformed law enforcement with its electrical weapons. TASER continues to define smarter policing with its Axon brand which includes a growing suite of connected products and services from body cameras and digital evidence management tools to mobile apps. More than 171,000 lives have been saved from death or serious injury with TASER's products and services. Learn more at www.TASER.com and www.axon.io or by calling (800) 978-2737.
TASER, Axon, and Evidence.com are trademarks of TASER International, Inc., some of which are registered in the US and in other countries. Bluetooth is a registered trademark of of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. Wi-Fi is registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance.
Note to Investors
Please visit http://investor.taser.com, www.twitter.com/officialtaser, and https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International where TASER discloses information from time to time about the company, its financial information, and its business.
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at:
For investor relations information please contact Arvind Bobra by via email at IR@taser.com.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160610/378189LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/atlanta-police-department-to-deploy-1015-axon-body-cameras-and-unlimited-data-storage-on-evidencecom-300331546.html