SEATTLE, Oct. 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Axon, a business unit of TASER International (NASDAQ: TASR) and the global leader in body-worn cameras, today announced the launch of an on-demand transcription services platform for its Evidence.com digital evidence management system. Its premiere partner, SpeakWrite, will offer users the ability to order transcriptions of any video or audio stored on Evidence.com, including body camera video, in-car video, interview room video and audio, mobile recordings, and more. Transcriptions are rendered on a pay-as-you go basis by US-based typists within about 24 hours of request. Once completed, transcripts are automatically stored in Evidence.com as accompanying metadata for easy access and sharing without jeopardizing the chain of custody.
Since its inception, Evidence.com has continually evolved to pave the way for smarter, more efficient police work. By offering a platform for human transcription services to "plug-in" to the Axon network, we're taking the next step in offering extended analytics to help improve case management. The new partnership with SpeakWrite aims to further that evolution by sharply reducing the amount of administrative work officers must sift through in a given shift and enabling them to devote more attention to crucial tasks. The days of agencies downloading video and submitting it separately to a third party transcription service are over. As Evidence.com continues to evolve, Axon will seek out additional partnerships in order to offer more sophisticated media processing tools to aid the capture to court process for its customers.
"Our goal for the coming years is to reduce officer paperwork by 80%," said TASER CEO and co-founder Rick Smith. "The best way to accomplish this goal is to focus on improved efficiency in the workflow by gaining intelligent insights into the multimedia stored within an agencies' digital evidence. On-demand transcription helps to make report-writing virtually automatic, while improving the quality of the data stored in Evidence.com. We believe this will empower police officers and prosecutors to work more efficiently and spend more time focusing on what matters," concluded Smith.
"SpeakWrite has been providing accurate and secure transcription services for public safety agencies for nearly a decade, and in that time we've developed a keen eye for the unique needs of law enforcement," said SpeakWrite CEO and founder Richard Jackson. "That's why we make our services available 24/7/365, and that's why we're thrilled to partner with TASER, another company with a long track record of meeting officers' needs. Together, we can enhance users' experiences of both of our respective services and bring about a more intelligent way of managing evidence."
To date, more than 100,000 licenses have been booked on the Axon network worldwide. The Axon network seamlessly integrates devices and apps to enable powerful capabilities for building safer communities. The Axon network includes:
- Smart Devices – Body cameras and in-car video that leverage technology such as Bluetooth® wireless technology and Wi-Fi® to better track and manage data
- Mobile Apps – Evidence management for iOS and Android devices with Axon View and Axon Capture
- Unified and Integrated Digital Evidence Management System (DEMS) – One platform that removes siloed DEMS through cloud computing, integrations across media points, and open file standards that do not require proprietary file formats or media players
- Forensic Suite Tools - Forensic analysis via Axon Five and Axon Detect and proprietary video format conversion via Axon Convert
- Connected Ecosystem – From capture to courtroom, securely share and track digital evidence across public safety stakeholders
- Digital Verification and Audit Logs – Record every interaction with any piece of digital evidence including capture, ingest, retrieve, manage, and share
- Advanced Security – Industry–leading people, practices, and products that comply with CJIS at both the infrastructure and application layers and ISO/IEC 27001
Follow the TASER and Axon brand here:
- Axon on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AxonTechnology
- Axon on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Axon/117780381886687
- TASER on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International
About TASER International, Inc.
TASER International makes communities safer with innovative public safety technologies. Founded in 1993, TASER first transformed law enforcement with its electrical weapons. TASER continues to define smarter policing with its Axon brand which includes a growing suite of connected products and services from body cameras and digital evidence management tools to mobile apps. More than 172,000 lives have been saved from death or serious injury with TASER's products and services. Learn more at www.TASER.com and www.axon.io or by calling (800) 978-2737.
TASER, Axon, and Evidence.com are trademarks of TASER International, Inc., some of which are registered in the US and in other countries. Bluetooth is a registered trademark of of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. Wi-Fi is registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance.
Note to Investors
Please visit http://investor.taser.com, www.twitter.com/officialtaser, and https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International where TASER discloses information from time to time about the company, its financial information, and its business.
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at:
For investor relations information please contact Arvind Bobra by via email at IR@taser.com.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160610/378189LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/axon-announces-global-transcription-services-platform-for-law-enforcement-300344086.html
SOURCE TASER International, Inc.